Pearl S. Buck International offers a stimulating work environment in a tranquil and historic setting, convenient to locations in Bucks and Montgomery Counties. People who want to make a difference in the world find extra satisfaction in working with a team who carry on Pearl S. Buck’s legacy of bridging cultures and changing lives.
Pearl S. Buck International currently has a job opportunity for a Communications Coordinator to create emotionally compelling donor/constituent centric copy/narrative and generate maximum public awareness and build stronger constituent relationships. For the full job description click here.
Pearl S. Buck International is committed to supporting the development of students pursuing higher education degrees. Currently, only non-paid internships are available. Please contact Jill Reeder at email@example.com for more information.
Volunteer Tour Guide Opportunities
Pearl S. Buck International is seeking new volunteer tour guides to greet visitors and lead the Pearl S. Buck: Life and Legacy Tour and/or the Pearl S. Buck: Taking Action Tour at the Pearl S. Buck House, a National Historic Landmark. The tour guides assist in bringing to life Pearl S. Buck’s life, legacy, writing, humanitarian work, and relevancy. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer tour guide or just want to learn more, contact Curator Marie Toner at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the Docent Training Program with an assigned mentor
- Participate in ongoing continuing education and training programs
- Commit to tour times and schedule, using a master schedule
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to assigned tour time
- Conduct tours in accordance with museum standards by being factual, friendly, and firmly in control of the group
- Provide tour feedback to Museum Curator, as required
- Participate in re-certification at required times
- Possess interpersonal skills with an emphasis on communication and public speaking
- Desirable attributes include being friendly, detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, innovative, articulate, reliable, and a team-player.
The Pearl S. Buck House, a National Historic Landmark
The Pearl S. Buck House, a National Historic Landmark, is unique in that it is one of few sites, which in addition to being a house museum, is actively continuing the work of its founder. While telling Pearl S. Buck’s extraordinary story and the history of her home, the house ultimately serves as a means to create a dialogue about relevant social issues. A separate social justice tour has been added to the biographical tour and specifically invites visitors to investigate and participate in dialogue on these issues.